Planetary Group is a successful, respected team of music promoters with more than 20 years of experience helping indie rappers and hip-hop groups gain exposure, get radio rotation, play bigger venues, score record deals, reach wider audiences, engage with DJs, feature in blogs, get magazine write-ups, and take their careers to a higher level. We founded our music promotion company in 1996 out of a passion for helping hip-hop artists push the envelope and redefine what’s possible within the genre, and today, we’re one of the leading music promotion companies for hip-hop performers in the U.S. and abroad.
Our constantly growing client portfolio features some of the hottest and most recognizable names in the rap industry, ranging from up-and-comers to classic hip-hop heavyweights. Artists Planetary Group has worked with include:
- 40 Watt Hype
- Air Dubai
- Beastie Boys
- CeeLo Green
- Dope D.O.D.
- Evil Eddie
- MC Kabir
- Method Man
- Milwaukee Banks
- Mobb Deep
- The Streets
Rap and Hip-Hop Promotion for New Artists
At Planetary Group, we pride ourselves on offering quality promo services for a diverse range of performers at all stages of their musical careers, with a special focus on new artists who are just starting out. We work with solo performers, duos, and rap groups across all different types of hip-hop subgenres and styles. Whether you would describe your sound as alt-rap, West Coast hip-hop, East Coast hip-hop, Southern rap, crunk, gangsta rap, conscious rap, trap music, hardcore, experimental, or something completely new and pioneering, our music promotion team can help you make connections, refine your sound, and crush your goals as a performing artist.
While our offices are based out of L.A., Planetary Group works with groups and solo artists across the U.S. and abroad, including Europe, Canada, and beyond. Whether you’re local to Los Angeles or live thousands of miles away, we can develop a personalized career strategy to help you succeed, stand out from the crowd, and leave your mark on the hip-hop genre. To learn more about the services we offer and how we can help you advance your music career, call us today at (323) 952-5050.
Professional Music Promotion Services for Rappers and MCs
At Planetary Group, we understand that no two artists have identical needs for developing their career. We work closely with each of our clients to develop a personalized, tailor-made plan that fits your goals, your style, your budget, and your career path. Our knowledgeable and experienced team of industry professionals is ready to:
- Answer all your questions about the music industry
- Coach you on best practices for handling interviews, engaging with fans, and interacting with members of the press
- Connect you with DJs, A&Rs (artists and repertoire), music journalists, and music venue managers
- Develop a targeted, effective strategy for identifying your listeners, broadening your fanbase, and marketing yourself efficiently
- Help you get radio airplay and land interviews with staff members at blogs, zines, and radio stations
- Introduce you to industry professionals and help you learn how to network effectively
- Manage your budget and finances in a smart, efficient way that gets you the most value
- Prepare you for and help you book live gigs and appearances at concerts and festivals
- Promote your music effectively on music streaming services and social media sites like Twitter, SoundCloud, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Spotify, Bandcamp, Last.fm, and Pinterest
- Refine your persona and public image to match the artistic message you want to convey
- Teach you about important legal issues like licensing, sampling, and copyright issues
Hip-hop music promotion services Planetary Group offers include:
- Hip-Hip Radio Promotion – While online radio stations are becoming more important, commercial radio and college radio are still crucial for maximizing your exposure.
- Online Promotion for Rappers and Hip-Hop Artists – The rap industry is increasingly dominated by music blogs, online streaming, and digital storefronts like the iTunes store. You need smart, effective online promo to get views and make yourself pop.
- Hip-Hop Festival Promo – Concerts, parties, festivals, and industry events are more than just a good time – they’re a vital part of networking and reaching more listeners. We can help you find and participate in events that match your style and attract your fanbase.
- Consulting Services for Musicians – Your image and the way you use the media is a big part of your success in the music industry. We’ll help you refine your aesthetic and get the most mileage out of every press engagement and opportunity.
- International Hip-Hop Promotion – Whether you’re a U.S. musician who wants to go on tour overseas, or a rapper from abroad who wants to crack the U.S. market, we’ve got the tools and connections to help.
Contact Planetary Group to Promote Your Music
Whether you’re brand new to the rap game or already have some industry experience under your belt, Planetary Group can elevate your music career and help you get to where you want to go as a performing artist. We have more than two decades of experience ready to put to work for you. Give us a call at (323) 952-5050 to learn more about what we do, who we are, and how we can help.