SPOTIFY PROMOTION AND PLAYLIST OUTREACH
REACH OUT TO US
Today the music industry revolves around online streaming and the number one go-to platform is undoubtedly Spotify. The listening audience isn’t only consuming and discovering the majority of their music on Spotify, the data is driving the industry as a whole, now more than ever.
The artists getting signed to major labels, the acts pulling key festival slots, and the musicians being heard by millions of listeners a week all have one thing in common: their presence on premier curators’ Spotify playlists.
So how do you get your streams up? How do you get placed on a curator playlist?
If you ask Spotify, they’ll say you just need the right song and they’ll “find it”. But that isn’t 100% accurate. The algorithm is designed to recognize things about your music and it doesn’t even need to listen to it. Details from beats per minute, song length, general instrumentation are automatically diagnosed by default, so how does Spotify just “find” you?
Back in the 1960s, Dick Clark helped dictate who got heard on the radio and on tour, in the 1990s it was Carson Daly. Today, that role has been taken over by Spotify playlist curators who work behind the scenes and drive the majority of streams per month. Our experience in the industry and connection to curators will allow you faster access to the tastemakers.
With Planetary Group’s experience, we will take the data that you’ve already generated from your streaming service presence, determine WHO is listening and WHERE they are listening from to develop strategies to increase your stream count, tailor future releases to build on that background, and designate a bigger, stronger target audience to gear your future releases toward.
STRATEGIES FOR SPOTIFY PROMOTION
- Reaching out to our network of curators: no more cold-call emails or direct solicitation, let us handle that for you
- Spotify for Artists: within your own Spotify account we help you execute internal pitches
- Pitch music to independent curators: our relationships with independent curators allows you instant access to the tastemakers
- Get on Discover Weekly & Release Radar: we set realistic goals to place you on Discover Weekly and their monthly release publications
- Drive traffic to Spotify from ‘off-platform’: we consult with you to streamline your website/social media to always point toward an easy link to your Spotify, driving up traffic
- Grow your following on Spotify
- Share any playlists you’re featured on: we find all the places you already are being shared on Spotify and amplify those sources
- Complete your Spotify profile: so many artists make a Spotify but never take full advantage of completing their profile, keeping them from opportunities
- Build your own playlists: listeners and curators want to see you’re engaged too; we will push you to share your favorite tracks and make playlists that include your songs with others like it so the algorithm will consider your tracks with ones that influenced you
- Help you target the appropriate audience demographic, finding pockets of 1-2 million listeners in the right geographical locations and age brackets to get your streams up. The Spotify algorithm is designed to operate on hard data, not human opinion. The algorithm will only select your song if your streams and geographical reach fit the rubric it needs to keep their listeners satisfied.
- We get you the info you need to figure out how to target more listeners and put you in the position to multiply your streams.
- Flat fee: we don’t take your streaming royalties, we work for our fee and the rest is yours to aggregate.
SPOTIFY CAN BE YOUR FRIEND
Although revenue royalties per stream is still a contentious issue, there is so much legwork to be done by way of our Spotify Promotion and Playlist Outreach programs. Spotify is there to help your band by being your 24/7 radio station, always at the ready.
Getting the people who want your music the ability to find it can start a snowball effect that can end in millions of streams. Expanding your digital footprint on the world’s most popular music app will not only increase your numbers and get you to those coveted playlist slots, it will also teach the algorithm that your music deserves to be pushed to more and more potential listeners.