Every few months, Planetary Group likes to publish lists featuring some of our favorite upcoming music festivals. This installment of our festival series will spotlight eight great indie, rock, and folk music festivals coming in spring 2017, starting in March and ending in May.
We’ve compiled our list chronologically by the first day of each festival, plus information about each festival’s venue, location, ticket prices, and of course, the most important part: the performers! This year’s destinations reach from Mexico to Brazil to Boise and beyond, so wherever life takes you, an awesome festival – and the networking opportunities that come with it – is never more than a flight or two away. Tickets will sell out fast, so make sure you grab yours before it’s too late.
The Top 8 Best Rock, Folk, and Indie Festivals of 2017: March, April, May
Obviously, factors like weather and ticket availability are going to change as the date of the festival gets closer. For up-to-date information, you should get in touch with the organization running the event. You can find contact information on each festival’s website or Facebook page.
It’s also a good idea to carefully read the FAQs and rules for attendees, since policies and accommodations can be very different from one festival to the next. Use common sense, follow the rules, remember to stay hydrated, and you should have a great time.
- Okeechobee Music & Arts Festival 2017
- Dates – March 2 – March 5
- Location – Okeechobee, FL
- Venue – Sunshine Grove
- Tickets – $239 – $19,899
- Lineup – Blood Orange, Cold War Kids, Kings Of Leon, Mac DeMarco, Mike Posner, Solange, The Growlers, The Lumineers, Young the Giant
- SXSW 2017 (South by Southwest 2017)
- Dates – March 10 – March 19
- Location – Austin, TX
- Venue – SXSW Outdoor Stage, Lady Bird Lake
- Tickets – $1,125 – $1,325
- Lineup – Avi Buffalo, Bash & Pop, Cherry Glazerr, Death Valley Girls, Dyan, Emily Wolfe, Fastball, FOXTRAX, Girlpool, The Molochs, Never Young, No Joy, PWR BTTM, SadGirl, Tess & Dave
- Pot of Gold Festival 2017
- Dates – March 17 – March 18
- Location – Chandler, AZ
- Venue – Rawhide Western Town & Event Center
- Tickets – $69 – $350
- Lineup – 311, Death Cab For Cutie, Flogging Molly, Less Than Jake, NOFX, The Bouncing Souls
- Treefort Music Festival 2017
- Dates – March 22 – March 26
- Location – Boise, ID
- Venue – Multiple
- Tickets – $89 – $999
- Lineup – Afrosonics, Elvis Depressedly, Grouper, Mac DeMarco, Meat Puppets, STRFKR, Why?
- Lollapalooza Brasil 2017
- Dates – March 25 – March 26
- Location – São Paulo, Brazil
- Venue – Autódromo de Interlagos
- Tickets – R$460 – R$920 (about $144 – $288)
- Lineup – Cage The Elephant, Glass Animals, Jimmy Eat World, Metallica, Rancid, Silversun Pickups, Tegan and Sara, The Strokes, Two Door Cinema Club
Lollapalooza will also be taking place in Argentina from March 31 to April 1, followed by Lollapalooza Chile during April 1 and April 2. Lollapalooza will also come to Chicago this August, so don’t worry if you can’t make it outside the U.S. this spring. Sit tight, and Lollapalooza will be here before you know it – but make sure you get your tickets as soon as possible. Coachella 2017 is already sold out, and Lollapalooza isn’t far behind.
- Pa’l Norte 2017
- Dates – March 31 – April 1
- Location – Monterrey, Mexico
- Venue – Multiple
- Tickets – $945 – $1,760
- Lineup – Jason Derulo, Los Enanitos Verdes, Maná, M.I.A., MXPX, Placebo, The Killers, The Offspring
- Canadian Music Week 2017
- Dates – April 18 – April 22
- Location – Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Venue – Multiple
- Tickets – $50 – $100
- Lineup – Abigail Lapell, Amberwood, BARQ, Bitch Falcon, Forty Seven Teeth, Goodnight Tonight, Lab Coast, Marcus Alan Ward, Moon Tan, Pretty City, Smokes, Wolkoff, Wyland
- Upstream Music Fest 2017
- Dates – May 11 – May 13
- Location – Seattle, WA
- Venue – Pioneer Square (Multiple)
- Tickets – $95 – $400
- Lineup – TBA, but features more than 200 artists showcasing up-and-coming artists in the Northwest region
Professional Music Promotion for Indie Musicians in Los Angeles, CA
Planetary Group is one of California’s best-known music promotion teams. Our impressive client portfolio includes names like Amanda Palmer, Anti-Flag, Bon Iver, Brian Eno, David Bowie, Flogging Molly, Foo Fighters, Joan Jett, MGMT, OK Go, Passion Pit, The Dandy Warhols, The Smashing Pumpkins, They Might Be Giants, Yoko Ono, and more.
Whether you’re an acoustic singer-songwriter, part of a punk or metal band, a folk artist, or you blend a mesh of genres to create a completely new sound, Planetary Group has the skill, the experience, and the industry contacts to help give your music career the boost it needs to get off the ground and reach a bigger audience. Our services include:
- International Promo
- Online Promo
- Radio Promo
While Planetary Group is based in L.A., we work with clients from around the U.S., and beyond. Wherever you perform, we can help you find more listeners. To talk about what you’re looking for in an indie music promoter, call Planetary Group at (323) 952-5050.