It’s that time of year at Planetary Group again: time to update our list of the best and hottest hip hop festivals coming to a city (or country) near you. In this installment of our running series on music festivals, we’ll cover nine of our favorite hip hop events, starting in March and ending in early June. The fest locations cross the globe, stretching from New Orleans to Austin to New York City to Monterey in the U.S. with stops in Colombia, the Netherlands, and London.
Be sure to check back in a couple of months to see our favorite summer hip hop festivals!
The Top 9 Best Hip Hop and Rap Festivals of Spring 2017
Festival listings are organized in chronological order. Each listing includes all the information you need about the event, including the location and venue where the event is taking place, ticket pricing, and of course, the performer lineup.
Please keep in mind that ticket pricing and availability is subject to change as more tickets sell, so make sure you check with the hosting organization to get the most up-to-date information. If you have your heart set on an event, make sure you get your tickets as soon as possible, because they’re going to sell out fast.
There are tons of awesome hip hop festivals happening across the U.S. and abroad this spring. We’ve chosen just a few of our favorites to showcase here.
- Buku Music & Art Project 2017
- Dates – March 10 – March 11
- Location – New Orleans, LA
- Venue – Mardi Gras World
- Tickets – $190 – $600
- Lineup – $uicideboy$, 21 Savage, Kaiydo, Lil Yachty, Travis Scott, Vince Staples, Young Thug
- SXSW 2017 (South By Southwest 2017)
- Dates – March 10 – March 19
- Location – Austin, TX
- Venue – SXSW Outdoor Stage, Lady Bird Lake
- Tickets – $1,125 – $1,325
- Lineup – BeatKing, CJ Fly, The Cool Kids, Dice Soho, Kaiydo, Ripp Flamez, Rocky Banks, Saint, Scotty ATL, Trill Sammy, WhyJae, Wintertime, XXX
- Pot of Gold Festival 2017
- Dates – March 17 – March 18
- Location – Chandler, AZ
- Venue – Rawhide Western Town & Event Center
- Tickets – $69 – $350
- Lineup – Action Bronson, Desiigner, G-Eazy, Kevin Gates, MadeinTYO
- Estereo Picnic 2017
- Dates – March 23 – March 25
- Location – Bogotá, Colombia
- Venue – Parque Deportivo 222
- Tickets – $180
- Lineup – Ali A.K.A. Mind, G-Eazy, N. Hardem, The Weeknd, Wiz Khalifa, Zalama Crew
- Paaspop 2017
- Dates – April 14 – April 16
- Location – Schijndel, Netherlands
- Venue – Multiple (Park Molenheide)
- Tickets – €99+
- Lineup – 257ers, Birdy Nam Nam, Bokoesam, Broederliefde, Jonna Fraser, Kraantje Pappie, Pink Oculus, Sevn Alias,
- California Roots Music & Arts Festival
- Dates – May 26 – May 28
- Location – Monterey, CA
- Venue – Monterey Fairgrounds
- Tickets – $220 – $497
- Lineup – Jah9, Jurassic 5, Nas
- Soundset Music Festival 2017
- Dates – May 28, 2017
- Location – St. Paul, MN
- Venue – Minnesota State Fairgrounds on the Midway
- Tickets – TBA
- Lineup – The 2017 lineup is TBA, but past performers include 2 Chainz, A$AP Rocky, Atmosphere, Big Sean, Busta Rhymes, Common, Ice Cube, Kendrick Lamar, Lupe Fiasco, MF Doom, Nas, Snoop Dogg, and Wiz Khalifa
- The Governors Ball Music Festival
- Dates – June 2 – June 4
- Location – New York, NY
- Venue – Randall’s Island Park
- Tickets – $275 (plus fees) – $305 (plus fees)
- Lineup – A$AP Ferg, Chance the Rapper, Childish Gambino, Danny Brown, Schoolboy Q, Stormzy, Tkay Maidza, Wiz Khalifa, Wu-Tang Clan, YG
- Field Day 2017
- Dates – June 3
- Location – London, UK
- Venue – Victoria Park
- Tickets – £59.50 – £64.50 ($74 – $79)
- Lineup – Death Grips, Flying Lotus
Are You a Rapper Looking for Hip Hop Music Promotion in Los Angeles, CA?
Since we were established in 1996, Planetary Group has been one of L.A.’s hottest and most sought-after music promotion services, working with a diverse portfolio of major clients. Some of our clients in the hip hop genre include Beastie Boys, CeeLo Green, Method Man, Mobb Deep, and more. We provide a wide array of music promotion services for rappers and hip hop artists at all stages of their career, ranging from unsigned fledgling artists to established names with major record deals, including:
Planetary Group is committed to supporting new artists, helping them gain exposure and reach broader audiences by creating effective promotion strategies utilizing our skill, experience, and network of industry contacts. Whatever your goals are as a musician, our mission is to help you reach them.
To talk about how professional hip hop promotion by Planetary Group can boost your career, call Planetary Group at (323) 952-5050. While we’re based in L.A., we work with artists from across the country and the world.